As i take some time to rest and recuperate several things have been going through my heart as i ponder and consider some things. TO LIVE a contended successful joyful life one must have a particular mindset and have certain standards.
1: CHOOSE TO LIVE CLEAN WITH GOD. Never allow any sin in your life. There are so many tempting things that people do that appear justifiable. I choose not to think evil of other ministers, I refuse to discuss other people, I wont incubate anything that makes me uncomfortable in my spirit. The bible says If I regard iniquity in my heart the Lord will not hear me.
2: CHOOSE TO LIVE CLEAN WITH MEN. Even when you are in good relationship with GOD you may be in bad relationship with people and that will ensure that your relationship with GOD will never help anyone. Your purpose in life is towards people therefore you will never achieve your purpose unless you are able to connect to people. Living at peace with all men however does not mean that they will always agree with you. Its fine to disagree but not become disagreeable. Let anyone who has a problem have the problem themselves and not you.
- INCULCATE HEALTHY CULTURES IN YOUR ENVIRONMENT. Choose to live a life with joy. I saw videos of the egyptians beheadings and didnt watch them. I saw the video of Billy Grahams son attacking President Obama and i didnt share them even though i agreed with some of the content because there are things that do not edify therefore i don’t share such things. I choose healthy cultures i spend time in the bush because im a wildlife person. I choose to do things that make me happy and i refuse to sit and talk about problems but solutions. I now eat supper at 5pm for health reasons, i never eat 3 meals a day but eat a small breakfast and supper. So create the environment that brings you joy. I do lots of braais and i love having family time. What makes you happy what causes you to passionately stretch towards your destiny what it is that inflames your passion for the Kingdom. That is what you must always guard and pursue.
- DEFINE WHO IS ALLOWED YOUR AUDIENCE. Your company will decide your commission. Have you seen that when the wrong people are around you everything goes wrong but when the right people are around the wrong things seem to have a habit to retreat from you. This includes people, and everything that activates your senses. Its the materials you read, the materials you see the materials you hear, what you feel and what you taste. I love nice things and i surround myself with what causes me to reach out to what GOD has ordained for me. I never allow people and things that do not add to my life including who i counsel. The fact that im a pastor doesn’t mean that i have to see everyone. Hence one reason i never see people from other ministries is because its wrong firstly and no one who has never wanted to hear me publicly should seek a private audience with me.
- DECIDE WHAT YOUR STANDARDS ARE IN LIFE. There are things that will never be acceptable to me. i will not accept low standards for anything. As much as i may have budgetary constraints in my pursuit of excellence i never allow that to be a reason to accept mediocrity as a standard. When you have standards you don’t have to accept other peoples standards. In our home we don’t walk with shoes on carpets and therefore our visitors are shown what we do. regardless of who a person may be i will never allow smoking or drinking on my premises or home. Those are my standards. what are your standards because if you don’t have them anyone and everyone will impose theirs on you and you will become miserable as a result.
- HAVE A VERY CLEAR VISION FOR YOUR LIFE. What you see is what you stretch out to and what GOD stretches towards you regardless of size and condition. A vision is what focuses your life a vision is what creates the reason to live a vision is what causes you to overcome an enemy designed to destroy you. Let your vision be so big that it cannot be achieved by your resources alone otherwise its just a wish. It must be so big that when it starts manifesting you will always give GOD the glory knowing that no one could have done it besides HIM.
- FOLLOW A MENTOR WHO HIGHLY INSPIRES YOU TO BE THE VERY BEST. The sad state of many of our churches and institutions is because they have never had a true mentor neither have they ever known how to select one. There is so much talk of spiritual fathers and mentors but very little understanding of what these animals are like or what one needs to do to maintain that relationship. One can succeed without a mentor but their success will be inhibited. A mentor makes a journey shorter a mentor shields you from unnecessary pain a mentor helps you define the good that is designed to destroy you. True Mentors are there to release power mantles that will accelerate ones destiny race and they exist to help define and figure the future.
- YOUR DECISION THAT GOD WANTS YOU HAPPY CONTENTED JOYFUL AND SUCCESSFUL.You cant succeed against a wrong mindset. Your decision are the reason you are where you are today. If i knew what i know today i wouldnt have worked 19 years of my life but would have worked far less. GOD can help a man who is poor and distraught but GOD cant help a man with a wrong attitude. I have never understood pastors and ministers who wear long ugly faces and look absolutely unfriendly when their calling is to people. I have been told that its too demeaning for me to always be seen in public but wonder how my calling can demean me. I love guns and the bush, I love to study successful people I love to spend uninterrupted time studying the bible and in prayer. I am currently on holiday with the girl i fell in love with 30 years ago. We are in a nice place very far from home. We are having so much fun, taking photos like tourists. (sorry im not the FB poster of such things neither can you know where we are) I love to be happy and i love to see the sick healed and the oppressed delivered. Make the decision to be joyful.